Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mental battle

Every day I search and apply for jobs, I'm constantly reminded why I hate this process. First, there are minimal to no jobs out there. Second, they're all contract. Third, they all want experience. Fourth, you apply and NEVER hear anything back. This I think is by far my biggest frustration with the job application process. You sit there and spend time fixing up your resume, writing a cover letter specific to each job and company, and they don't say a damn word back to you. I've applied to many jobs over the last year and a half, and only a handful have given me any sort of feedback. Normally all you get is a automatic "thanks for your application, expect to hear from us soon" or some crap along those lines. Pretty much it's saying "nice try, you suck, don't expect to hear from us!" It absolutely bothers me that they don't have the decency to in the least bit, send an email saying "thank you for your interest, but we have filled the position, please keep your eye open for future openings." If you filled the position let us know! If you didn't like my application/resume/cover letter, let me know!!! Yes, I understand that a bajillion people apply to these jobs, so critiquing everyone would be hard. But if you have an automated "thank you for applying" repsonse, isn't it just as easy to have a "we filled the position" response?!?! I absolutely hate this processs and feel like I'm never going to escape this place. ugh.


Anyway, now that my rant is over. Because my class has started at CLC, I can't work out on Monday's anymore for a few weeks. Sad face!! Now I'm down to 4 days a week, which, maybe it will be better for my body? I don't know. Stuck in a rut, need to get out.

Tuesday's Strength: 3-3-3 Deadlift 75kg(70% of 1rm) - 85kg(80%)- 95kg(90%)

Deadlifts are feeling good these days...heavy, but good. Don't do them often enough, so they feel heavy, every time we do them! Ever since my back issues came about in march, I've really been focusing on my form with every movement, especially the DL. So I made sure to keep that back tight and my shoulders back.

WOD: 3 Rounds of:
15 pull-ups
15 Front Squats (30kg)
30 Double unders
I think I ended around 8:54

Started the first round of pull-ups as 6-4-5. I was pretty happy with that. To some of you that may sound awful, but for me that's pretty good. Front squats were unbroken and the du's I believe were 15-15. Second round pull-ups were 5-4-3-2-1, front squats I broke into sets of 5, but never dropped the bar, just kept it in the racked positioned. Double unders were 20-10. Third round pull-ups definitely fell off track and were 4-2-2-2-1-1-2-1, Front squats were again sets of 5 but never dropped the bar and du's were 20-9-1. I hate when I slip up on the last du! I was disappointed in how my du's were during this wod and that I couldn't go through more front squats unbroken. I think it was more a mental battle than a physical battle. just need to push through.


2 comments:

Marlene Hood said...

Hang in there sweetie. It WILL get better!

Brian said...

I know the job application pain. I've probably applied for around 200 jobs in the last 3 years with the federal government and contractors and I almost never hear anything back. I've gotten 3 interviews in that time and every time it looks like I might have something, the opening closes because the clowns in D.C. haven't passed a budget since I graduated from law school.

Sigh. Keep your head up. We'll get there eventually.