Friday, August 19, 2011

FGB Prep

It's been a crazy week and I haven't updated like I should, so this post will have Tuesday's work and Thursday's work.

Tuesday Strength/Speed:Push Press 3@ 50% of 1RM OTM for 8:00. 27.5kg

Really worked on the hip drive and getting the bar up fast. Not much to say about this lift. Aside from really focused on driving off the heels.

WOD: 7:00 AMRAP of:
7 Box jumps (20")
7 Burpees
7 Ball Slams (30/20)
6+13

My goal for this one was to just keep moving and get as close to 7 rounds as possible. That's a round a minute and I knew my limiting factor would be the box jumps. Even though it was only 7 jumps, my legs were tired from Monday and I just couldn't string them together as I planned. Burpees and ball slams were all unbroken. During my classes that I coach, I really try and preach to people to follow those ball slams down into a full squat and pick the ball up off the bounce at the bottom. I love doing this movement because I feel it in my hammies and quads a lot. Sadly some people still cheat themselves and the movement and just throw the ball down then squat and pick it up.

Thursday's Speed: 2 OHS @ 55% of 1RM OTM for 11:00 36kg

I was pretty excited about this one. I don't get to work on OHS that often, so any time it comes up I'm happy. I love this lift. I was actually supposed to go with 34kg on the bar to stay at 55%, but Nicole and I decided to share a bar so I just went to 36. I'm happy I did, gave myself a little 2kg push. Really tried to focus on driving off my heels, with this and the snatch I tend to come forward on my toes. So I picked my toes up in my shoes and went to work!

WOD: 1 round of FGB for total reps/cals
1:00 wall ball shots (20/14)
1:00 SDHP (35/25)
1:00 Box jumps (20")
1:00 Push Press (35/25)
1:00 Row
30/30/24/20/14 = 118

Just like last year around this time, we are starting to do some preparation for a fundraiser wod called Fight Gone Bad. That work out is 3 rounds of this with a 1:00 rest in between the rounds. Last year I got 93 reps. So that was my goal, to beat that. I knew my box jumps were stronger and I knew I was stronger overall, so I didn't think it would be that hard to do. I beat my wall balls by 6 reps, sumos by 7 reps, box jumps by 6 reps, push press by 7, and I actually went down 1 cal on the rower, but I'm not worried about that. Pretty happy with this and I'm excited to see how things go over the next few weeks and when FGB happens on Sept. 17th!

Thursday's Eats
Breakfast: 3 eggs, 1 nectarine, 1oz almonds
Lunch: salad with cherry tomatoes, 1 avocado, and 3.5 oz tuna
Dinner: 1 brat, some roasted sweet potatoes, side salad and some watermelon

No comments: