Wednesday, August 10, 2011

F Thrusters!

I'm feeling better now that I'm back on track with my diet. It's only been a few days, but I forgot how quickly I feel better from eating the right way. Busy few days, so I've been kind of sleepy. And my allergies are attacking me like no other today. I've been constantly sneezing and blowing my nose all day. yuck!

I have to admit, I wasn't looking forward to yesterday's strength or WOD at the Fort. I knew my shoulder wasn't going to be happy, so I wanted to avoid it, but went anyway.

Strength: Thruster 5-5-5 35kg-39kg-45kg

The first set alone felt heavy and really crimped my shoulder. Every other movement has felt fine overhead, but thrusters just seem to really make it pinch. It was kind of a struggle to get the last 5 at 45kg, but I got it done.

WOD:
5 rounds of:
5 burpees
10 thruster (65% of today's 5RM - 30kg)

6:31

Like I said before, I wasn't looking forward to this wod at all. 50 thrusters just sounded awful and pair that with burpees. After the first round I said "wtf is this wod?! this is just awful!" I tried to get through my burpees as quick as possible to make up time, even though I didn't want to get back to the bar. My first set of thrusters was unbroken, the second set was 7-3 and the final three were all 5-5. That was by far the worst part of the workout. Normally burpees are the worst part of the wod, but I'll take those any day over thrusters!

Tuesday's Eats
Breakfast: the usual....3 eggs, blueberries and strawberries
Lunch: pork chop, 1/2 cup green beans, 1/2 a small red potato and a salad
Dinner: 4oz burger with cheddar cheese, 1 brat, side salad
Dessert: cantaloupe and some trail mix

So, if anyone still reads this and can help a sista out. I'm desperately looking for a job closer to home in the McHenry/Lake County area. I would prefer it to not be a contract position. With my current plans of attending school, it'll make my life a little bit easier to be working closer to home, instead of driving to Rockford every day. Any help would be greatly appreciated! <3

No comments: