Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Let the Challenge Begin


This morning I woke up and realized it was March already. Where the heck have the last two months gone?! Then I thought to myself that I need to push myself a little harder the next few months to do a little extra. I was thinking of all the things I could work on and who I could get to do a challenge with me. So I texted Nicole and asked her if she wanted to do a pushup/situp 100 day challenge. She agreed, so today is the first day of our 100 day challenge. For the push ups we will do the ladder 1 push up the first day, 2 the second and so on. But for the sit ups to make it a little more challenging we are going to do 100 the first day, 50 the second day, 100 the next, then 50 and so on. I really need to work on my push up form and my upper body strength, so I'm hoping this will help. Alex is joining the challenge as well as mom, so anybody else that wants to join go right ahead! We'll keep each other motivated and it's just that little extra push to hopefully improve ourselves at the Fort.

With that said...we met "Cindy" at the Fort today. I've been looking forward to this WOD for a long time...well that's before "Barbara" came along last week. I feel if Barbara didn't tear me apart last week, I may have done a little better on "Cindy". But my push ups were pretty weak (hence the challenge) and really slowed me down. However, I was constantly re-gripping the bar and doing my pull ups one.at.a.time. So.slow.

"Cindy" is as many round as possible in 20 min of:
5 pull ups
10 push ups

15 squats

11 rounds plus 5 pull ups


The last time we went at this in September I used a blue band and also got 11 rounds and 5 pull ups. I'm ok with getting the same amount this time since I wasn't using a band, but I'm slightly disappointed as well. I was hoping my pull ups and push ups were going to be a lot stronger this time around, but they weren't the greatest. Hopefully next time we see this chick, I'll have a better go at it and improve my score.


Food For the Day:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, 4 sausage links and one banana, almond butter muffin Lunch: 4.5 oz tilapia and 9 asparagus spears and one muffin
Dinner: handful of trail mix, 8 oz ribs and 1 cup mashed cauliflower. This is one of the best recipes we've made thus far. I'll have to share it on the recipe thread, it was absolutely amazing!!

Dessert: 1 chocolate covered macaroon and 1 plain macaroon. I made them for a friend for his birthday....I couldn't help but taste them, since they are one of my favorite treats!!!! ugh.

No comments: