Monday, March 7, 2011

"Christine"




Today was definitely a Monday. Was not feeling like going to work at all after spending all of the day yesterday relaxing to myself. Oh well, life goes on right?


At the Fort we had a rest day on our strength, so we did some extra warm up stuff before we tackled the wod. The wod today was "Christine", she, like many wods, doesn't look all that bad. But don't let her fool you, she gets to you quickly.


"Christine"
3 rounds for time of:
500 m row

12 Deadlift (body weight = 72kg for me)

21 box jumps (24"/20")
14:43

I went into this thinking that I'm a pretty strong rower and that shouldn't hurt me too bad. My dead lifts are pretty strong as well, but 160lbs catches up to you fast. Mind you 72kg is pretty close to my 1RM of 105kg. Yeah, it doesn't really look that way, but for the amount of reps it is. And my box jumps have slowly been improving so I really wanted to focus on stringing those together. I started the first row at a good pace and got off around 1:50 and headed down to the bar. I could only rep out 5 before I had to drop the bar. I was hoping to get WAY more than that on the first round. But I could really feel my back rounding a bit and didn't want my form to crap out. But during the 3 rounds my form was definitely not all that great and my back was not as tight as it should be. To my surprise I did pretty well with the box jumps. I was able to string quite a few together, then do a few singles, then string more together. I'm happy with how I'm improving on these, but I've still got a ways to go. Overall, this workout caught up to me fast. I was hoping for a liiiitle bit faster time. But hopefully next time I won't weigh as much and I'll be able to go faster! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GIRL - you're a beast! I have never even ATTEMPTED this WOD rx'd. You should be super proud that you did it. HUGS!