Wednesday, March 23, 2011

50 pounds down!


This last Sunday I took some time to go through my clothes and get rid of a bunch of stuff. This is the second or third time I've had to do this in the last 10 months. I'm donating a bunch of "fat" clothes that were my new skinny clothes just a few months ago! That is such an incredible feeling!I've never seen such great results or stayed with a program for so long. Don't get me wrong, CrossFit takes A LOT of effort, but when you enjoy it, it doesn't feel like a lot of effort. I can't believe how far I've come since I started ramp up last May 31st.

Not only did I get rid of a bunch of clothes, but I decided to weigh myself. And when I got on the scale, I realized that I had officially lost 50 pounds since high school. FIFTY FREAKIN POUNDS!! It's sad to say that I was that heavy in high school, but I'm pretty freakin proud of myself for getting this far. I'm proud to say that I lost 15 of those my first year of college. Yes, the freshman 15, I lost, didn't gain like most people! And I kept losing weight throughout college, while I watched a lot of others gain weight. And all those people were the ones that would pick on me in middle school and high school. Now I can turn around and secretly laugh because our lives have switched. I'm going to live a longer healthier life because I've taken the steps to become fitter and sexy and healthy. I have also officially lost 20 pounds since I started CrossFit. And I've never felt this great before. I feel like I've come so far and pushed myself so much to get these results and can't wait to see what happens in the next few years of CrossFit. My life is only just beginning! :-)

So I want to say thank you. Thank you to my family for supporting me and knowing I can do it. Thank you to my friends who have been there through it all. Thank you to my coaches who have taught me so much to this day and set me up to see such great results. Thank you to everyone I've met at CF who inspire me each and every day and support me. And most of all, thank you to all the assholes who teased me when I was overweight. Thank you for making me realize I'm better than you and that I will be going somewhere in my life, unlike you. So here's to kickin' ass and takin' names one day at a time! :-)

Here are a couple pictures. I'm not ready to post the bikini pics yet, so these will have to do. Then and Now (actually this was January, and I've lost more since then! woot). I'm gonna stick with Now and still get better :)

2 comments:

Rasmusen10 said...

Kirsten I'm super proud of you! Even though I don't get to see you train as often as I did a few months ago I still get the good reports from Jeremy. Keep up the good I mean great work.

Allison Mennella said...

SO hot! Love love love this blog post!