Monday, May 16, 2011

Time to get serious!

I missed Tuesday's workout because I went to the Cubs vs. Cards game with a bunch of friends. It was a TON of fun, sad they lost and a long night, but worth every bit of lack of sleep! So I decided to head to the Fort and coach the 6PM class and after that I did Tuesday's strength and WOD.
Strengt
h: establish a Deadlift 5RM 85kg
I warmed up with a couple at 35 and a couple at 65, I didn't feel like was
ting a lot of energy , so I just got after it and finished at 85kg. Felt pretty good, probably could've gone a little heavier. However, I wanted to make sure my form was solid for all 5 reps.

WOD:
3 rounds for time of: 10 Front Squats (45kg) 15 box jumps (20") 20 Pull-ups 3:00 rest 16:23

So this was nothing but awful. My front squats felt great the first round and were unbroken. Box jumps were off and I was doing them 1 or 2 at a time, maybe 5 once. Pull-ups are just not getting there still. I did 4-then 2's or 1 the rest of the way for every round. Those definitely ate up the majority of my time. And in the 3 round my hand tore 4 pullups in and it was a struggle to do the last 16. Overall I wasn't pleased with this wod, was really hoping to do better...oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Thursday May 12, 2011

Thursday's strength I was really looking forward to. However, I wish my hand wasn't torn so I could have had less concentration on it. Every time I grabbed the bar it tore a little more.


Strength:
2 position snatch on the 1
:00 for 12:00 @ 85% of 1RM. 37kg

Every minute we were to do a snatch from the ground then a hang snatch. We were instructed to go as deep in the squat as we could, but if we caught it high, not to ride it down in an ohs. The first 2 rounds I was able to catch it pretty low, but the majority of the rest were power snatches. I really liked this and look forward to more of what Bill has in store for us.

WOD:
5 rounds for total reps of: 1:00 row for cal 1:00 push press (45/35) 1:00 rest 41/33/34/36/38 = 182

This is kind of the format of FBG, so I was gauging off
those numbers. The first round of rowing I got 19 calories and every round after that was 16. My shoulders were pretty shot pretty fast during this wod. I definitely went all out on the first round and eased up after that because I was tired. But I was determined not to get below that 33 round. An improvement from yesterday, but my stomach was feeling awful going into this one. Which is annoying because I've been eating well since Sunday. LAME.

Running WOD:
10 x 200m with 1:5 work to rest for total time 43:50
This definitely took a lot longer than I expected it to. The rest really killed this time. Tara ran this with me, and thank goodness she did, because she gave me something to catch and work for. It's so much nicer running with others instead of on your own. All of our runs were between 46-50 seconds, so I was pretty happy with that. Can't wait to work more on my runnin
g and get back into the game!

Friday May 13, 2011


Strength:
Front Squat 3-3-3-3-3 41kg-46kg-50.5kg-55.5kg-60.5kg

These felt heavy around the 3 round, but they felt good. I was still dropping my elbows a little bit like the week prior, but no where near as much. I'm happy with how my strength has improved with my squats and can't wait for more improvement!

WOD:
5 rounds for time of: 5 Pistols each leg (used
ring) 10 body rows 20 sit-ups (anchored) 8:35

I'll be honest and say I haven't worked on my pistols. And it's definitely something I need to work on. My right leg I can get down and half way up, but can't make that little last bit. My left leg is a whole other story. I've had knee iss
ues on that leg, so it's not as strong and I can't even get down on it. So another thing to add to the list of things to work on. Body rows were a tad bit slow, but sit-ups I flew through. Overall, I wasn't overly ecstatic about this wod, pretty indifferent really...

Cash out: 3 X (max -1) ring dips with :90 rest 7/7/6 with purple band


Saturday May 14th, 2011

Woke up bright and early for Oly class. I was up pretty late baking for the paleo breakfast, but was excited to get back to our regular Saturday routine of Oly class
and Team Saturday

Oly Class: Snatch 25kg (4) - 30kg (3) - 35kg (2) - 40kg- a bunch of high pulls and hip drills - 45kg PR!!!

I've been stuck at 44kg for awhile and couldn't get over that hump. But after doing the high pulls and figuring out that I relax too much at the bottom, I think I'm going to be able to make it past 45kg. It was only a 1kg pr, but a pr is a pr! Next oly class I plan to attack the snatch balance so I can work on staying activated at the bottom...

Team Saturday:
In teams of 3:
400m run
150 Box Jumps 20"
75 Wall Balls (20/14)
75 Burpees
150 OH walking lunges (15kg/10kg)
400m run
*one person works at a time
* A 10kg plate must be held over someone's head at all times

I worked with Garth and Scott on this one and we finished in 18:23. We split up the BJ's in 10, the Wall balls in 10, the burpees in 5 or 10 ( i typically did 10) and the walking lunges were pretty random. Overall it was a great team workout and I was glad to be back!

Monday May 16th, 2011

Strength: Press 1-1-1-1-1 28kg-31kg-34kg-37kg-42kg PR

Press is a pretty weak lift for me, as we all know I have issues overhead. Last time we went for a 1rm on Press, I couldn't even make my old 1rm, so I was determined to get a pr. I was debating on my last rep between 41 and 42, but I was happy I went with 42kg and got a 2kg pr! Slowly but surely my overhead is getting stronger.

WOD: 15:00 AMRAP of:
5 HSPU (used box)
10 C2B Pullups (subbed body rows so I didn't tear my hands more)
30 Double Unders

7+9

I decided to go with body rows, because my left hand is pretty fresh from the tearing last week. I didn't want to make it worse before Regionals next weekend! HSPU I find much harder on the box than in the bands, I definitely prefer the bands. Double unders were really solid, but I wasn't going full out with this wod. Want to take it at about 85-90% this week so I don't wear myself out.

Cash out: 100 anchored sit-ups 2:54
Muscle up progressions. Decided to get after these progressions on the rings with a green band. Definitely an interesting movement and I'm glad I worked on it. Need to get after y upper body strength still!

No comments: