Monday, January 14, 2013

Cherish Every Moment

Been a busy week. Well not so much at work, but everything I do outside of work. Last week was also a very sad week in the town of McHenry. A high school friend lost their 5 week old son, to an unknown cause. They were at Meijer and he started coughing up blood, he spent 5 days at Children's in the city hooked up to ventilators and numerous other machines. As they were changing over the ventilators because he was showing progress, God gave him his wings.

Such a terrible thing and I can't even imagine what that family is going through. But it was amazing to see our community come together and show so much support. There was a fundraiser on Saturday that raised over 35K for the family for medical and funeral expenses. It definitely was a reminder to cherish every second you have with your loved ones because you really just never know.


So far I've been sticking to my goals and really focusing. Had a slip up this weekend at the Prevail holiday party and I'm paying for it. Gained some major water weight, but with some discipline I'll be back where I was. Trying my best to stick with the motto in this picture.

No comments: